We had dinner at Vermillion in Old Town Alexandria and not only was it delicious, but they gave us a free dessert and cute little happy anniversary card when they found out it was our anniversary. I wanted to take a picture of the entire meal because it was all plated beautifully, but I couldn't resist this cute childhood reminiscient dessert we had. Can you pick out the oatmeal cream pie, snickers, and hostess cupcake?
After dinner we went home and exchanged presents. When I said that this was my only craftiness for 2011, I lied. I based Richie's gift off of a couple of ideas I saw on Pinterest here, here, and here and merged them together to turn it into my own Date of the Month Club. The basic idea is that I put together 12 prepaid dates for Richie and me to enjoy together over the next year. Because they're prepaid and planned already, we'll actually do them. I decided to put the dates into a scrapbook for two reasons - I thought it would be cuter to display them and that way we can go on the dates and replace the gift cards and vouchers with mementos (movie stubs, pictures, etc.) from the dates into each month and turn it into a keepsake of the year as well.
Since I took the time to put this all together, I had to make sure the package itself looked cute.
Inside the scrapbook I did an introduction note, all of the promised goodies, and a page for each month's date. If I was really crafty and had a lot of time, this would be much cuter. But I'm not, so it's not.
Since you probably can't read anything in my awesome pictures, here's what my date of the month club (borrowed from Love, Actually) includes:
- A bag of Hershey's kisses that are redeemable for the real thing
- Romance Reward coupons for different things like a massage, treat, etc.
- One all-inclusive paid vacation for two (Groupon for a hotel + breakfast)
- 12 prepaid dates
- January - Movie tickets to go see Sherlock Holmes and Coldstone gift card
- February - Romantic Valentine's Day Date
- March - Gift card to a restaurant where we had one of our favorite meals
- April - New card game + gift card to Buzz Bakery for dessert
- May - Richie's birthday date; a movie, gift card to Five Guys, and other treats
- June - $20 to go get breakfast at the Old Town Farmer's Market
- July - $20 for dinner and schedule of National Harbor summer outdoor movies.
- August - Eastern Market card from our DC Walks + $20 to buy goodies
- September - Subway gift card to take on a bike ride and picnic
- October - Information for the Maryland Renaissance festival
- November - Richie's choice of dinner at the 100 Best DC area restaurants
- December - Go see the lights and a performance at the DC temple