It's May. Can someone please tell me where the year went? I was sitting here reading friends' blogs tonight for the first time in months and realized that I have no idea what's going on in anyone's lives. And because I get the worst blogger of the year award - people probably have no idea what's going on in ours either. I forget how much I use blogging to keep in touch with people and feel like by not blogging I've been missing out on a lot more than I first realized.
So since I know you're all dying to know, here's a quick update on our lives.
- Richie has officially been on "break" for nine months now. Luckily, there's an end in site and he'll be finally starting his full-time job at a law firm here in DC in October. I think we're both going to be in for a rude awakening when he goes to work and there's not someone home to cook, clean, and basically take care of us both all day. He's much better at it than I am.
- We've been and will be traveling quite a bit. We went out to see my family in Kansas in March, followed up by a quick trip for half-marathon #11 (which is a pretty depressing story actually) to Kansas in April. In the next two weeks, we're both going home again for our siblings' graduations.
- As soon as I get back from graduation, we're leaving again for our big trip (well excluding Hawaii of course) to Europe. We figured it would probably be our last big hurrah before Richie starts working in the fall and my family happens to be going at a time that works great for us. Richie and my family will do a week in London and Paris and I'll meet them for ten days in Switzerland and Italy. More details to come but so far I've been playing travel agent and I'm really excited about this one.
- I hurt my knee about six weeks ago so I took about that long off from doing much (other than playing on my weekly vball team) of anything active. I'm fighting my way back into shape with a boot camp class, which I kicked butt in today by the way, and slowly getting back into running. I am still running the marathon.
- Work is picking up again, but in a great way. I'm getting to introduce some new ideas to my position and am thoroughly enjoying the challenge. It might be a long summer, but I think it'll be worth it.
And that's it. Our life for the past three months wrapped up in five fast bullets.